Technical Lead – Hardware
Technical Lead – Hardware
Where Light Meets Digital – EFFECT Photonics is a highly vertically integrated, independent photonic semiconductor company addressing the need for high-performance, affordable optic solutions driven by the ever-increasing demand for bandwidth and faster data transfer capabilities. Our teams are made up of professional, highly skilled, energized, and enthusiastic people who share a passion for developing and creating high-volume, world-class solutions. We operate globally, and our teams work collaboratively to make EFFECT Photonics a very dynamic and rewarding place to work.
About the position
EFFECT Photonics is looking for an experienced – Technical Lead – Hardware
We are seeking an experienced Technical Lead – Hardware to join our growing team. This position will provide the technical leadership to develop RF and Analog control circuits for the development of EFFECT Photonics integrated photonics solutions. The successful candidate will have hands-on experience with designing next-generation coherent pluggable modules, along with a deep understanding of standards and overall DWDM systems and product architecture.
- Architecture development – Drive product and feature requirements, architecture, design, and test strategy
- 10+ years’ experience, with at least 2 years as a technical architecture lead
- Requirements analysis – Lead product and feature development, primarily in the optical communications space
- Support full product development life cycle: architecture, design, bring-up, integration of initial HW/SW, factory support, test & validation, and customer support
- Hardware design including digital, analog, power supplies & voltage regulators, interface logic
- RF system link budget and trade-off analysis
- Help motivate project staff, mentor engineers, and actively seek out ways to help team members
- Contribute technology and product roadmaps
- Act as a technical authority across the hardware group, develop and mentioned junior engineers and strive for continuous performance improvement
Get In Touch!
We want you to bring your expertise, experience, and passion for novel hardware technology development to the forefront of our organisation, helping us to create a world class company with a world class reputation.
Required / Desired knowledge, skills, and abilities
- You will have an MSc/PhD degree in electrical engineering, mechanical engineering, physics, material science, or a related field
- A minimum of 10+ years’ work experience in opto-electronic / photonics coherent systems development
- Deep understanding of optical coherent communications systems
- Hands-on experience working with system-level optical communication hardware and components
- Extensive understanding of coherent communications systems, including experience with higher-order modulation formats
- Experience characterizing high-speed RF and mm-wave interconnects, amplifiers, and components
- Characterization of RF/mm-wave systems, such as S-parameter measurements, jitter measurements, and ADC/DAC performance and ENOB
- Knowledgeable of high-speed optoelectronic devices (e.g., lasers, detectors, modulators)
- Familiar with high-speed ICs, such as DSP, modulator drivers and transimpedance amplifiers
- Experience in optical transceiver design and implementation, including circuit design, RF circuit simulation and layout, and characterization
- Candidate will be required to spend time in Maynard, Massachusetts location. Partial remote allowed
We are a collaborative Global Technology Company, and we’re building a truly dynamic and rewarding place to work.
Reward and Benefits
Benefits are a critical component to consider when taking on a new challenge, but because we are a global company, benefits may vary by location.
Here’s what you can expect from us regardless:
- A fast-paced working culture where everyone’s point of view has real value
- Genuine opportunities for self-development and career growth
- An environment that embraces collaboration
- A competitive salary that reflects our ambition
- A flexible benefits scheme with health and pension plan (401K – US based roles)
- Paid time off (vacation days) plus statutory annual holidays
- Flexible working hours
- Stock Appreciation Rights (SAR – stock program)
We look forward to receiving your application, if you have any questions, please contact our recruitment team.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org - No agencies please!
Effect Photonics is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Effect Photonics complies with all applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment.