Supplier Quality Engineer – Contract Manufacturing
Supplier Quality Engineer – Contract Manufacturing
Where Light Meets Digital – EFFECT Photonics is a highly vertically integrated, independent photonic semiconductor company addressing the need for high-performance, affordable optic solutions driven by the ever-increasing demand for bandwidth and faster data transfer capabilities. Our teams are made up of professional, highly skilled, energized, and enthusiastic people who share a passion for developing and creating high-volume, world-class solutions. We operate globally, and our teams work collaboratively to make EFFECT Photonics a very dynamic and rewarding place to work.
About the position
EFFECT Photonics is looking for an experienced – Supplier Quality Engineer (Contract Manufacturing)
We are seeking an experienced Supplier Quality Engineer with extensive experience of dealing with Contract Manufacturers in Asia. Must have >5yrs experience of working with a Tier 1 contract manufacturer of optical networking components and ability to travel 50% of time to Asia (Thailand / Malaysia). Experience of QMS, Auditing and Business Systems.
- Responsible for setting and managing Quality system requirements to suppliers, for both direct and In-direct procurement for Project and Standard products
- Ownership and maintenance of the ASL (Approved Suppliers List)
- Selection and development of both new and existing suppliers through QBR’s, site visits/audits and quality data
- Management of Quality issues with suppliers through to Root Cause and Corrective Action
- Ensure that for any deviation reported by EFFECT (audit, complaint, NCMRs, others), a SCAR is efficiently implemented by the Supplier. If needed, support the supplier in the definition of the SCAR
- Compilation and circulation monthly report on supplier performance
- Maintain, develop, and own Quality Master Data in EFFECT business systems
- Lead and develop site Local Quality Review process
- Ownership, development, and reporting of Quarterly Supplier Scorecard
- Reviews and provide input into supplier management procedures and processes and executes results
- Acts and represents Supplier Quality as part of the Supplier Approval process
- Acts as QA approver for contract manufacturer and sub-tier supplier test plans, process changes, tooling changes, process validations and equipment qualifications
- For critical suppliers, conduct Monthly Quality Meetings to monitor Quality KPIs and attends Quarterly Business Meetings
- Collaborates with contract manufacturers/sub-tier suppliers in the review of process changes and improvements, investigations and root cause analysis of process deviations, corrections, corrective actions, out of trends, and OOS as applicable
Get In Touch!
We want you to bring your expertise, experience, and passion for supplier quality engineering and contract manufacturing experience to the forefront of our organisation, helping us to create a world class company with a world class reputation.
Required / Desired knowledge, skills, and abilities
- 5 years or more experience with Contractor Manufacturers in Asia
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree, preferably in a Science or Engineering discipline, with applied Quality Engineering experience of 8-10 years
- Certified Lead Auditor or CQA and 6 Sigma and/or LEAN experience preferred Certification or demonstrated experience applying LEAN and six sigma principles and methodologies
- Supplier and QMS auditing experience in semiconductor manufacturing
- Effectively manage relationships with all internal and external clients
- Ability to manage the audit schedule for the supply base
- Experience/Awareness of business systems is desirable
- Demonstrated experience writing, evaluated, and executing process validations
- Outstanding communication skills (verbal and written in English
We are a collaborative Global Technology Company, and we’re building a truly dynamic and rewarding place to work.
Reward and Benefits
Benefits are a critical component to consider when taking on a new challenge, but because we are a global company, benefits may vary by location.
Here’s what you can expect from us regardless:
- An exciting working culture where everyone’s point of view has real value
- An environment that embraces collaboration
- A competitive salary that reflects our ambition
- A flexible benefits scheme with health, dental and pension scheme (401 k – for US based roles)
- Paid time off (vacation days) plus statutory annual holidays
- Stock Appreciation Rights (SAR – stock program)
We look forward to receiving your application, if you have any questions, please get in touch with our recruitment team.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org - No agencies please!
Effect Photonics is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Effect Photonics complies with all applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment.