Senior Engineer – SQA
Senior Engineer – SQA
Where Light Meets Digital – EFFECT Photonics is a highly vertically integrated, independent photonic semiconductor company addressing the need for high-performance, affordable optic solutions driven by the ever-increasing demand for bandwidth and faster data transfer capabilities. Our teams are made up of professional, highly skilled, energized, and enthusiastic people who share a passion for developing and creating high-volume, world-class solutions. We operate globally, and our teams work collaboratively to make EFFECT Photonics a very dynamic and rewarding place to work.
About the position
EFFECT Photonics is looking for an experienced – Senior Engineer – SQA – Transceiver Software Quality Assurance
We are seeking an experienced Senior Software Quality Assurance Engineer to join our growing team., This position will be instrumental in defining, developing, analyzing, and supervising tests to validate firmware implementations of Effect Photonics products. You will collaborate with our technical teams and assume responsibility for assuring that EFFECT products reliably conform to software and hardware specifications. The position requires the ability to define test capabilities, identify bugs and work with the appropriate design engineers to determine the root cause. Experience working with optical product technologies and especially with Transceivers would be an advantage.
- Develop, document, and execute test cases and plans for EFFECT Photonics family of optical technology products Develop automation to execute on product software releases
- Design and build test stations
- Work closely with product line managers, software engineers and the application engineering team to document and resolve defects
- Ability to produce test results and report on the software quality metrics
- Train engineers and technicians in the use of test stations and automation software
- Participate in specifications reviews of new features to influence designs to include measurable test parameters
Get In Touch!
We want you to bring your expertise, experience, and passion for optical communications systems testing and software quality assurance to the forefront of our organisation, helping us create the most reliable products in the marketplace, thus helping us to create a world class company with a world class reputation.
Required / Desired knowledge, skills, and abilities
- You will have a BS / MS degree in computer engineering or equivalent
- A minimum of 7+ years’ work experience in the opto-electronic / photonics sectors working with software quality
- Understanding of optical communications systems, including pluggable transceivers and DWDM systems
- Solid understanding of optical communication fundamentals
- Have a track record of providing expertise on software testing methodologies and processes to the SQA team
- Knowledge of Telecom specifications IEEE 802.3, SFF-8690, SFF 8418, SFP, QSFP
- Experience developing software architectures
- Software version control such as Subversion, Git, Perforce
- Expertise in writing Python, Opentap, C# or similar language
- Familiar with bug tracking systems such as Jira
- Self-motivated and driven to continuously improve test methodologies
- Strong Communication skills both verbal and written
- Ability to seamlessly work effectively among multiple team members
- Ability to be based in Maynard, Massachusetts where our facility is located
We are a collaborative Global Technology Company, and we’re building a truly dynamic and rewarding place to work.
Reward and Benefits
Benefits are a critical component to consider when taking on a new challenge, but because we are a global company, benefits may vary by location.
Here’s what you can expect from us regardless:
- A fast-paced working culture where everyone’s point of view has real value
- Genuine opportunities for self-development and career growth
- An environment that embraces collaboration
- A competitive salary that reflects our ambition
- A flexible benefits scheme with health and pension plan (401K - US roles)
- Paid time off (vacation days) plus statutory annual holidays
- Flexible working hours
- Stock Appreciation Rights (SAR – stock program)
We look forward to receiving your application, if you have any questions, please contact our recruitment team.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org - No agencies please
Effect Photonics is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Effect Photonics complies with all applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment.