Senior Embedded Software Engineer
Senior Embedded Software Engineer
Where Light Meets Digital – EFFECT Photonics is a highly vertically integrated, independent photonic semiconductor company addressing the need for high-performance, affordable optic solutions driven by the ever-increasing demand for bandwidth and faster data transfer capabilities. Our teams are made up of professional, highly skilled, energized, and enthusiastic people who share a passion for developing and creating high-volume, world-class solutions. We operate globally, and our teams work collaboratively to make EFFECT Photonics a very dynamic and rewarding place to work.
About the position
EFFECT Photonics is looking for an experienced – Senior Embedded Software Engineer
We are seeking an experienced Senior Embedded Software Engineer to join our growing team. The Sr Software Engineer will act as a key contributor working in a small team of software engineers responsible for requirements analysis, architecture, design, implementation, and test of embedded software controlling EFFECT’s family of optical technology products. This role allows for a broad interaction with all aspects of module design, testing, calibration, semiconductor technology, laser physics, and telecommunications systems. In short, you will be working in one of the core processes of the company and play an integral part in its success.
- Collaborate with the development and cross functional teams to architect, design and implement embedded software solutions
- Specify, design, and implement functionality and behaviours of embedded subsystems
- Develop high-quality C/C++ code in a real-time embedded environment
- Develop software tests and collaborate with verification teams
- Participate in hands-on hardware bring-up, system debugging and code optimization
- Contribute to software architecture, design, and code reviews
- Communicate and document software designs and test plans
Get In Touch!
We want you to bring your expertise, experience, and passion for embedded software / firmware development to the forefront of our organisation, helping us to create a world class company with a world class reputation.
Required / Desired knowledge, skills, and abilities
- BS / MS degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science or Electrical Engineering
- 5+ years C/C++ programming experience in embedded and/or real-time environments.
- Strong software engineering fundamentals (abstraction, layering, modularization, interface design)
- Experience using microcontroller based embedded software development tool sets (IDEs, compilers, and debuggers)
- Ability to collaborate and communicate complex technical concepts
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to be based in Maynard, Massachusetts where our facility is located
Ideally, you also have
- Knowledge of and experience with optical communications systems and optical transceiver modules
- Experience with ARM based microcontroller and / or bare-metal SoC programming
- Experience working with embedded real-time operating systems (such as uCOS, FreeRTOS) in resource constrained environments
- Experience using common test equipment (oscilloscopes, signal analyzers)
- Ability to read and understand schematic diagrams
- Experience in working with Agile development methodologies (Scrum, Continuous Integration)
- Experience with common software development tools (Git, Bitbucket, Jira)
- Experience with mixed signal and data acquisition systems (ADCs / DACs)
- Experience designing control systems (e.g., PID loops)
- Experience programming in Python
We are a collaborative Global Technology Company, and we’re building a truly dynamic and rewarding place to work.
Reward and Benefits
Benefits are a critical component to consider when taking on a new challenge, but because we are a global company, benefits may vary by location.
Here’s what you can expect from us regardless:
- An exciting working culture where everyone’s point of view has real value
- An environment that embraces collaboration
- A competitive salary that reflects our ambition
- A flexible benefits scheme with health, dental, 401(k) (USA)
- Paid time off (vacation days) plus statutory annual holidays
- Stock Appreciation Rights (SAR – stock program)
We look forward to receiving your application, if you have any questions, please contact our recruitment team.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org - No agencies please!
Effect Photonics is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Effect Photonics complies with all applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment.