Financial Accounting Manager
Financial Accounting Manager
Where Light Meets Digital – EFFECT Photonics is a highly vertically integrated, independent photonic semiconductor company addressing the need for high-performance, affordable optic solutions driven by the ever-increasing demand for bandwidth and faster data transfer capabilities. Our teams are made up of professional, highly skilled, energized, and enthusiastic people who share a passion for developing and creating high-volume, world-class solutions. We operate globally, and our teams work collaboratively to make EFFECT Photonics a very dynamic and rewarding place to work.
About the position
EFFECT Photonics is looking for an experienced – Financial Accounting Manager
We are looking for an experienced Financial Accounting Manager to provide support to the CFO on all accounting and reporting matters including maintaining the balance up-to-date, reporting the profit and loss accounts to a high standard and the cash flow statement. The successful candidate will also support with intercompany reconciliations, group financial reporting, and other general accounting tasks. The ability to streamline, improve and maintaining good processes for accounting activities will be very useful and is a key part of this role. Responsibilities will include those for the Netherlands, the UK, US, and Taiwan.
- Managing and overseeing the daily operations of our accounting department.
- Monitoring and analysing accounting data, drafting of financial statements
- Establish and enforce accounting methods, policies, and principles.
- Establish and maintain fiscal files and records to document all transactions.
- Book, monitor and keep up-to-date AP /AR.
- Prepare monthly close.
- Monitor purchase orders.
- Maintain general ledger (reconciliation of ledger accounts).
- Follow up inventory, monitor (re)valuation of cost prices and check on price differences, set up stock control.
- Follow up IC balances (AP/AR, loans, interests, etc) and assure proper documentation for new IC funding. Review and validate monthly report.
- Follow up of bank positions, bank reconciliations.
- Ensure all deadlines and schedules are met in accordance with group reporting requirements.
- Confirm and abide by all internal procedures, policies, and regulatory guidance.
- Prepare key supporting schedules as per group requirements (aging schedules, etc).
- Support preparation of audited financial statements.
- Provide accounting support for procurement and sales activities.
- Manage project accounting for subsidy projects.
- Ad-hoc tasks including accounting procedures standardization, system improvements, etc.
Get In Touch!
We want you to bring your expertise, experience, and passion for finance and accounting where you will support the business in building credible financial accounting methodologies, you will take ownership of decisions and actions – and be able to identify successes and mistakes always pushing for continuous development and improvement. You will be able to provide timely, constructive, and specific feedback and will be organised, methodical, analytical, with good attention to detail.
Your experience will be key to helping us create a world class company with a world class reputation.
Required / Desired knowledge, skills, and abilities
Professionally qualified with a minimum BSc or MSc in Accounting, along with 5 to 10 years’ experience as a trusted expert in finance, ideally with experience within an organisation that has a global footprint.
- BSc or master’s degree in accounting from a reputable academic establishment
- Preference is to have graduated and qualified in the Netherlands financial ecosystem.
- 5 to 10 years of experience in the areas of finance, accounting, and reporting for international companies.
- Excellent communication skills
- Willingness and ability to learn new tasks
- Analytic mind and thinking
- Fluent in English
- ERP-Knowledge, Exact Online will be a plus
- Proficient knowledge MS Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- This Role will be based at our global HQ in Eindhoven
We are a collaborative Global Technology Company, and we’re building a truly dynamic and rewarding place to work.
Reward and Benefits
Benefits are a critical component to consider when taking on a new challenge, but because we are a global company, benefits may vary by location.
Here’s what you can expect from us regardless:
- A fast-paced working culture where everyone’s point of view has real value
- Genuine opportunities for self-development and career growth
- An environment that embraces collaboration
- A competitive salary that reflects our ambition
- A benefits scheme with health and pension plan
- Paid time off (vacation days) plus statutory annual holidays
- Flexible working hours
- Stock Appreciation Rights (SAR – stock program)
We look forward to receiving your application, if you have any questions, please get in touch with our recruitment team.
Email: email@example.com - No agencies please
EFFECT Photonics is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EFFECT Photonics complies with all applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment.