ASIC Design Verification (DV) Engineer
ASIC Design Verification (DV) Engineer
Where Light Meets Digital – EFFECT Photonics is a highly vertically integrated, independent photonic semiconductor company addressing the need for high-performance, affordable optic solutions driven by the ever-increasing demand for bandwidth and faster data transfer capabilities. Our teams are made up of professional, highly skilled, energized, and enthusiastic people who share a passion for developing and creating high-volume, world-class solutions. We operate globally, and our teams work collaboratively to make EFFECT Photonics a very dynamic and rewarding place to work.
About the position
EFFECT Photonics is looking for an experienced – ASIC Design Verification (DV) Engineer
We are seeking a highly skilled Design Verification (DV) Engineer. You will be part of an experienced verification team that is responsible for the verification of multi-million gate ASIC designs. This team is tasked with ensuring that the RTL design matches the function and performance of the system design. Theses advanced Coherent Optical DSP ASICs will be coupled with EFFECT Photonics’ advanced Photonic Integrated Circuits (PICs) to power the best-in-class optical modules.
- Collaborate with the ASIC system engineers in the planning of tests, development of testbenches, defining test cases, and working with the RTL designers on the debug of the design.
- Ensure that the design and RTL is validated through the collection and analysis of both functional and code coverage metrics.
- Build test environments using the latest Electronic Design Automation (EDA) tools following the industry standard Universal Verification Methodology (UVM).
- Engage with system engineers to emulate the design developed in a SystemC/C++ software environment for comparison against the verification environments.
Get In Touch!
We want you to bring your expertise, experience, and passion for ASIC Design Verification to the forefront of our organisation. You will drive ASIC development activities by being part of the core team as the connection between the system engineering, simulation, and RTL design teams. You will be a key to ensuring that our products are delivered to the highest of standard on time and on budget, thus helping us to create a world class company with a world class reputation.
Required / Desired knowledge, skills, and abilities
- B.S./M.S./Ph.D. in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or related discipline
- 5+ years of experience in Design Verification role on complex digital or mixed signal ASICs
- Expertise in the latest EDA Design Verification Tools (Synopsys, Cadence, and/or Mentor) with a preference for experience in Cloud-based environments
- Expertise in developing DV testbenches following UVM processes with Verilog or SystemVerilog code bases
- Excellent documentation and communications skills with an emphasis on details
- Ability to work in a small, focused team environment with a rapid-paced start-up mindset
- Experience with object-oriented programming including, C++, SystemC, and/or Python)
- Communications system experience including coherent optical Digital Signal Processor (DSP) ASICs or high-speed data-communications design at multi-Gpps rates would be preferred
- Able to cooperate in a global matrix organization /multi -site matrixed environment
- Candidate will be required to spend time in the Cleveland, Ohio location during a training/integration period with some periodic travel for on-site meeting required.
We are a collaborative Global Technology Company, and we’re building a truly dynamic and rewarding place to work.
Reward and Benefits
Benefits are a critical component to consider when taking on a new challenge, but because we are a global company, benefits may vary by location.
Here is what you can expect from us regardless:
- A fast-paced working culture where everyone’s point of view has real value
- Genuine opportunities for self-development and career growth
- An environment that embraces collaboration
- A competitive salary that reflects our ambition
- A flexible benefits scheme with health and pension plan (401 K for US based roles)
- Paid time off (vacation days) plus statutory annual holidays
- Flexible working hours
- Stock Appreciation Rights (SAR – stock program)
We look forward to receiving your application, if you have any questions, please contact our recruitment team.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org - No agencies please!
Effect Photonics is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Effect Photonics complies with all applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment.