We deliver highly integrated optical communications products based on our optical System-on-Chip (SoC) technology
Bringing scalable and affordable DWDM to the edges of the network
EFFECT Photonics takes a platform approach to integration using high-yielding building blocks within the wafer. Growing different quaternary alloys of indium phosphide on a single wafer means that all of the active and passive optical functions of a system can be created within a single chip, which is then combined with simple packaging designed for high-volume, low-cost manufacture from the very start.
Our proposition addresses the soaring demand for affordable bandwidth between data centres and back from mobile cell towers by bringing Dense Wavelength Division Multiplexing (DWDM) technology to the edges of the network. By using the high-integration optical System-on-Chip technology, port density can be increased by over 6 times and operational expenses reduced by 40% when compared with existing approaches.
We offer optical SoC technology expertise to meet the demand for more bandwidth at a lower cost for applications:
- Mobile Fronthaul Networks (5G)
- Metro Access Networks (Remote PHY, FTTx)
- Data Centre Interconnects (DCI)
We have created a unique platform approach to integration using high-yielding building blocks within the wafer. Growing different quaternary alloys of Indium Phosphide on a single wafer means:
- All active and passive optical functions of a DWDM system combined into a single chip
- Our unique packaging technology that scales in volume cost-effectively [parallel structure]
- Smaller in size, lower in power
- Industry-standard form factors and custom variants
Want to know more about our DWDM enabled SFP+ modules?
Read our Product Brief and discover more about EFFECT Photonics’ DWDM optical-System-on-Chip technology.