We want you to bring your expertise, experience, and passion for embedded software / firmware development to the forefront of our organisation, helping us to create a world class company with a world class reputation.
Required / Desired knowledge, skills, and abilities
- BS / MS degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science or Electrical Engineering
- 10+ years C/C++ programming experience in embedded and/or real-time environments
- Knowledge of and experience with optical communications systems and optical transceiver modules
- Experience with mixed signal and data acquisition systems (ADCs / DACs)
- Experience designing control systems (e.g., PID loops)
- Strong software engineering fundamentals (abstraction, layering, modularization, interface design)
- Experience using microcontroller based embedded software development tool sets (IDEs, compilers, and debuggers)
- Experience with serial communications protocols (I2C, SPI)
- Experience working with embedded real-time operating systems (such as uCOS, FreeRTOS) in resource constrained environments
- Experience using common test equipment (oscilloscopes, signal analyzers)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
It would be of benefit if you also have:
- Experience leading small software development teams
- Familiarity with common software architectural design patterns
- Experience with ARM based microcontroller and / or bare-metal SoC programming
- Experience in working with Agile development methodologies (Scrum, Continuous Integration)
- Experience with common software development tools (Git, Bitbucket, Jira)
- Experience programming in Python
- Ability to be based in Maynard, Massachusetts where our SW team is located.
We are a collaborative Global Technology Company, and we’re building a truly dynamic and rewarding place to work.
Reward and Benefits
Benefits are a critical component to consider when taking on a new challenge, but because we are a global company, benefits may vary by location.
Here’s what you can expect from us regardless:
- An exciting working culture where everyone’s point of view has real value
- An environment that embraces collaboration
- A competitive salary that reflects our ambition
- A flexible benefits scheme with health, dental and 401(k) - US Based Roles
- Paid time off (vacation days) plus statutory annual holidays
- Stock Appreciation Rights (SAR – stock program)
We look forward to receiving your application, if you have any questions, please get in touch with our recruitment team.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org - No agencies please!
Effect Photonics is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Effect Photonics complies with all applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment.