Senior Director – Systems and Hardware Engineering
Senior Director – Systems and Hardware Engineering
Where Light Meets Digital – EFFECT Photonics is a highly vertically integrated, independent photonic semiconductor company addressing the need for high-performance, affordable optic solutions driven by the ever-increasing demand for bandwidth and faster data transfer capabilities. Our teams are made up of professional, highly skilled, energized, and enthusiastic people who share a passion for developing and creating high-volume, world-class solutions. We operate globally, and our teams work collaboratively to make EFFECT Photonics a very dynamic and rewarding place to work.
About the position
EFFECT Photonics is looking for an experienced – Senior Director – Systems and Hardware Engineering
We are seeking an experienced Senior Director of Systems and Hardware Engineering to lead our architecture definition and hardware development efforts. You will lead a team of experienced professionals requiring an experienced leader with a proven track record of delivering telecom products into tier 1 customers. You will lead and develop our engineering capabilities across EFFECT photonics family of photonics solutions.
- Lead a multidisciplinary team of engineers in electrical engineering, mechanical engineering, package development and optical subsystem development
- Provide leadership for the definition of the system architecture, design, interfaces, risks & tradeoffs to support product development schedules
- Coordinate with the leadership team to realize the product vision and strategic initiatives consistent with EFFECT Photonics strategy and goals
- Responsible for leading initiatives and building team-focused development of the system and subassemblies in collaboration with external partners
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams on feature specifications, collect requirements from all relevant partners, and make decisions about implementation and resource trade-offs
- Ensure that product releases successfully meet business needs and that key performance for products are defined and met
- Coordinate with external partners and the internal team to drive the hardware platform development
- Provide technical leadership, mentorship, and coaching to team members
- Participate in the management of internal timelines and budgets
- Communicate project status to escalate issues to high-level management and staff
- Participate in hiring/disciplinary decisions affecting employees and contractors
Get In Touch!
We want you to bring your expertise, experience, and passion for optical communications systems engineering to the forefront of our organisation, you will drive Systems and Hardware activities ensuring that our products are delivered to the highest of standard on time and on budget, thus helping us to create a world class company with a world class reputation.
Required / Desired knowledge, skills, and abilities
- B.S/MS/PhD. in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or related engineering discipline
- 15+ years’ experience in telecommunications, optoelectronics, or microelectronics development with significant time in management role
- Demonstrated design of products in the field of qualification for GR-63 NEBS and/or Telcordia GR-468 compliance
- Strong leadership and communication and engineering and project management skills
- Experienced in managing/leading a diverse team of strong Individual contributors
- Technical depth to understand concerns and communicate status and resolution to executive leadership team
- Ability to evaluate candidates, mentor and develop the team and build successful team
- Able to cooperate in a global matrix organization /multi -site matrixed environment
- Candidate will be required to spend majority of time in Maynard, Massachusetts location. You should also expect some travel throughout the US and Europe.
We are a collaborative Global Technology Company, and we’re building a truly dynamic and rewarding place to work.
Reward and Benefits
Benefits are a critical component to consider when taking on a new challenge, but because we are a global company, benefits may vary by location.
Here is what you can expect from us regardless:
- A fast-paced working culture where everyone’s point of view has real value
- Genuine opportunities for self-development and career growth
- An environment that embraces collaboration
- A competitive salary that reflects our ambition
- A flexible benefits scheme with health and pension plan (401 K - US based roles)
- Paid time off (vacation days) plus statutory annual holidays
- Flexible working hours
- Stock Appreciation Rights (SAR – stock program)
We look forward to receiving your application, if you have any questions, please contact our recruitment team.
Email: email@example.com - No agencies please!
Effect Photonics is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Effect Photonics complies with all applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment.