Product Engineer – PIC
Product Engineer – PIC
Where Light Meets Digital – EFFECT Photonics is a highly vertically integrated, independent photonic semiconductor company addressing the need for high-performance, affordable optic solutions driven by the ever-increasing demand for bandwidth and faster data transfer capabilities. Our teams are made up of professional, highly skilled, energized, and enthusiastic people who share a passion for developing and creating high-volume, world-class solutions. We operate globally, and our teams work collaboratively to make EFFECT Photonics a very dynamic and rewarding place to work.
About the position
EFFECT Photonics is looking for an experienced – Product Engineer – PIC
We are seeking an experience Product Engineer with extensive experience in new product introduction with extensive experience working with wafer foundries and BEOL processing of Indium Phosphide wafers. Must have >5yrs experience of working with manufacturers of Optical Networking components and have ability to travel ~50% of time to Asia (Thailand / Malaysia). Master’s degree or PHD preferred. The chosen candidate must be able to multi-task in a fast-paced, dynamic, and high visibility environment; work well in a team environment; and have excellent written and verbal communication skills. The Product Engineer reports to the Production Engineering Manager.
- Serves in the role of Technical Lead on New Product Introduction projects.
- Responsible for specification compliance for New Product Introduction projects.
- Coordinates the development of tools and processes to enable the manufacture and test of new products.
- Works with internal customers to ensure clear understanding of new product requirements.
- Identifies technical risks and develops mitigation strategies.
- Conducts and coordinates analyses to assess and validate product designs and processes.
- Developing new and maintaining, or improving, existing manufacturing processes with a focus on production capabilities and affordability
- Providing ROI justification for process improvements
- Creating and managing project plans (tasks, resources, and schedules) for process development activities
- Developing and optimizing process parameters
- Developing/revising process documentation and work instructions
- Monitoring process yields and cost, recommending and implementing quality improvements to drive improved metrics
- Solving of manufacturing problems (related to materials, designs, equipment and tooling, training, and instructions) to support production
- Recommending product design improvements required to produce advanced microelectronics products
- Documenting state-of-the-art process capabilities and guidelines for product designers
- Participating in design producibility reviews for new products
- Providing supplier support, as needed, to resolve issues within supply base
- Providing Request for Proposal (RFP) input specifically as it relates to Non-Recurring Engineering (RE) requirements such as tooling, capital equipment and/or new process development
Get In Touch!
We want you to bring your production engineering and new product introduction experience, and passion to help us integrate assembly, fabrication, coating, and metrology technologies to provide product solutions for our customers and help us to create a world class company with a world class reputation.
Required / Desired knowledge, skills, and abilities
A minimum master’s degree in Physics, Optics, or related field along with 5 years hand on experience working with Optical semiconductor module packaging. The chosen candidate must be able to multi-task in a fast-paced, dynamic, and high visibility environment; work well in a team environment; and have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Master’s Degree in Physics, Optics, or related field (e.g. Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Chemistry, or Material Science.) Advanced degree highly desirable.
- >5 years of experience in optics-related field.
- Proficiency with optical modelling software desirable.
- Proficiency with SolidWorks or other CAD software desirable.
- Experience with Product Documentation Management (PDM) systems desirable.
- Experience with DFMEA/PFMEA desirable.
- Effective communication and organizational skills.
- This role could be based in Maynard, Cleveland or Eindhoven
Reward and Benefits
Benefits are a critical component to consider when taking on a new challenge, but because we are a global company, benefits may vary by location.
Here’s what you can expect from us regardless:
- An exciting working culture where everyone’s point of view has real value
- An environment that embraces collaboration
- A competitive salary that reflects our ambition
- A flexible benefits scheme with health, dental and pension scheme (401 k – for US based roles)
- Paid time off (vacation days) plus statutory annual holidays
- Stock Appreciation Rights (SAR – stock program)
We look forward to receiving your application, if you have any questions, please get in touch with our recruitment team.
Email: email@example.com - No agencies please!
Effect Photonics is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Effect Photonics complies with all applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment.